Pages

God is L-o-v-e

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I was listening to a sermon today that I've heard before and I felt like I should share what he was saying.

He was talking about how sometimes we as Christians feel like God isn't loving us fully. We feel like God has backed away from us because of something we have done to "make God upset." That is wrong. God is NEVER the one that leaves us or steps away from us. WE are the ones that do this!!! I am the one to isn't recognizing God's love that He is constantly giving me.

Andrew Wommack made this comparison: It's like if we were watching TV and all of a sudden the TV went black. We don't automatically call the TV station and tell them to start broadcasting again. They are always broadcasting. We need to check our receiver! Our receiver is the problem. This is just like so many other things in our lives! Just because we don't see the signal, it doesn't mean that it isn't there waiting to be seen. My Jesus wants me. My Jesus loves me ALL the time, no matter how well I do in school or how much I hang out with Him. He's the best friend I've got (I wish I remembered this). Such a simple concept that I forget sometimes. It's so foundational though! So many issues in life come from the root problem of not truly believing that God loves ME. I think..."I'm a wretched sinner. I'm not having a quiet time. I am self conscious."

Who cares?!?!?! 

You are righteous in The Spirit. I am righteous in The Spirit. See...

Romans 8:9-11 (NIV)
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

We were "made right" with God the minute He died on the cross. Done. THEN and FOREVER!!!! How stinkin awesome. Nothing you can do can separate you from Him. You don't need to confess in order to be made right with Him!! HE did it all. He did it all for me. And you. 

Oh how He loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan