Pages

dear dad...

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wow what to say. Thank you?  Thank you for making Jesus the cornerstone of our family. Thank you for showing what it means to selflessly love. Thank you for never putting yourself first. Thank you for sacrificing jobs and dreams to keep us kids in the same school. Thank you for showing what it means to be a good husband, a man worthy of that title. Thanks for all those dates, just me and you, from the Lion King to Starbucks. Thank you for showing what it means to be a parent, encouraging and offering up wise council when I was an idiot. Thanks for helping me to grasp onto Jesus to help me up when I fall. Thank you for being His follower first and foremost. Thanks for Baylor. Thanks for never giving up and never letting me either. Thank you.

It seems so cliche to say that I can't think of a better dad. But I really can't. I don't know anyone who does this job as well as you. I am who I am because of your guidance and encouragement. Words can't describe how much you mean to me and how much I love you dad. Literally, I'm out of words. Thanks for running this race with me daddy.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan